Friday, April 18, 2008
Random Goodness
So, there I was, sitting in the Salt Lake City airport, working on a take-home final that was to be due 7am the following morning. I looked at the time on my cell phone and saw that the time was 9:45. Knowing that my flight was to leave at 9:55, fears of being in the wrong place began to invade my relative peace. I put my paper away and stood to look at the marquee behind the empty desk area. Nothing. So I put on my backpack and went over one of the giant screens that listed gates and times. I couldn't find the coordinating one between PHX and SLC. Huh. So I started wandering toward another screen in hopes of finding more helpful information. As I was ambling down the hall I heard my name. Which was odd. My name wasn't odd. Isn't odd. I like my name. But hearing it was odd. Well, hearing it in the context of a crowded airport was odd. I soon found the sayer of my name. It was my cousin Dawnie and her husband Kevin. Amazingly, they were on the same flight heading to Arizona that night because they are attending a wedding on Saturday. It's a different wedding than I'm in town for, but that's all good. Anyway, it was a happy coincident and I thoroughly enjoyed sharing the plane ride with them. Good times. Well, I'd best be finishing my final so that I can email it in and go to bed! One of the three empty beds in the basement. In Arizona. Where I now am. Yay for home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment