Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Oops!

So yesterday was a very good and productive homework day. I got a LOT accomplished in regards to papers and other assignments and readings. I wrote about more pages of my India paper and started several other assignments that are due tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to most of what I accomplished. I tend to use my gmail account as storage for homework and thus email started and updated and even completed drafts of assignments to myself when I am through working on them at a given date or time. Such was the case yesterday...I thought. But no. Somehow, I didn't attach the updated paper and lost about 6 of the pages I'd written. And I must not have even tried to send myself the other started assignments. And so now its almost 11pm and I'm at the library to redo the class assignments and I'll get up early tomorrow and head up to campus to be here at 7:00 when the computer labs open to work on my India paper. Good times.

So on Thursday I woke up under the false impression that it was Friday. I think that my mind misinterpreted reality as it did because I had completed an assignment that was due on Friday the day before the day before it was due. Well, on Thursdays my first class it at 8:00. On Fridays my first class is at 9:00. It was at 9:00 that I realized that is was actually Thursday. My class was over. I missed the lecture, which means I will miss a question or two (which is significant) on the final, and it also means that I wasn't in class to pick up the take-home portion of the final which I believe was to distributed that day. That was a pretty big and embarrassing 'oops!'

2 comments:

Pickett said...

It's at times like that when I cheer myself up with things like pictures of other people failing more than I am. My personal fave: Whale Fail.

Ashley Seil Smith said...

you are SO BUSY! i know the feeling!