
I enjoyed spending my Easter Sunday with family. Jeff, Jake, Nor, Kris and Jess came over for Easter dinner. And somehow that led to me playing dress-up in preparation for the ward activity the following evening.

The ward activity was a Golden Elephants film award night, featuring the videos the FHE groups had filmed and edited during the weeks. The event was red carpet and it was encouraged to dress appropriately. My dress was borrowed from Jess. I opted not to go with Nor's bright salmon-colored one.

Well, while we're on the topic of FHE and the film night, I'll have you know that my group opted NOT to include a wildlife documentary clip. Thank goodness! Or in other words, no one in the ward except for my FHE leader knows that I wore these waders and caught a turtle in the botany pond...after our excursion to the Bean Museum where were went behind the scenes and did some filming in the arthropod lab with the help of the leading bug guy.

The festival of colors is definitely a highlight of the semester. I LOVED it! And yes, I did get ridiculously colored in the face. I don't know how, or rather, I don't know why it was so much worse on me than anyone else, but it was kinda gross. I didn't realize that I looked so much worse than everyone else until I was looking at the pictures in retrospect. And this is me after Melanie tried to rub some of the color off of my face and onto hers. It was presumably worse before. This was also before an old friend threw a handful of orange chalk into my mouth as I walked past. Good times.

This was from when Rachel, Shan and I thought that we were locked out of the parking garage after attending President Hinckley's funeral. Luckily, we figured out who to call to get in. But we couldn't pass up the opportunity to pose in front of the close door.

This is our apartment family picture. It may not be discernible, but above the door is the 'Rachel Hansen Family' plaque.

The girls in the dinner group thought it was a good idea to put on ridiculously-colored lipstick, kiss a rock, paint a 'G' on it with nail polish and drop it off on the doorstep of one of our dinner group guys. It is now proudly on display on the bookshelf in the front room of the apartment.

For Valentine's Day, Rach, Shan & I shared the love by wearing matching sequined tanks and singing a Valentine song and presenting special gifts to some of the guys in the ward. And also my brother Jeff. It was pretty much amazing.
4 comments:
Man, you're having some wild times up there at the BYWoo, huh? I'm glad you're not studying ALL the time--gotta have balance in your life! ;)
Catching up on your life makes me laugh. You are certainly full of adventures! :) We miss you.
what a fun semester! looks like you have great roomates!
your hair looks so cute curly! and i really love the bobby pins in the first picture...to keep you modest i'm assuming =) you look like you have too much fun!
Post a Comment