






I was meaning to download some pictures of Andrea's wedding day and bridal shower, but I forgot the cord that I need to hook my camera up with the computer, so I'll do that later. Andrea was gorgeous, the ceremony and reception were lovely and now yet another of my good friends is married. I don't even know how I feel about it. Happy, yes, but it is still a regular occurrence to think, "Wow, Andrea's married...weird". Anyway, pictures will be forthcoming.
And just in case you're interested, I caught the bouquet. I was on my way out when it happened. I was trying to cut through the cultural hall to get to the exit. I had somewhere to be. But I got caught in the mob of young, single females. I stood there thinking it was ridiculous to be standing there and participating in such a ridiculous socially constructed tradition. And at the same time I inherently knew that somehow I was going to end up catching that clump of yellow roses. I didn't want to catch it. I even backed up to try to get out of the way. But as I watched it was as though it were in slow motion. I extended my left arm. Since I was taller than all the young girls in front of me I caught it, holding it triumphant, my arm still fully outstretched, this time with the bouquet in my hand. And then I lowered my hand, let go of the flowers and someone who wants them has them. And then I hurriedly left the reception to go to meet my date.
2 comments:
Allison, you know you were meant to catch that bouquet. How was the date?
Watch out girlfriend! You're a catch. A cute one at that! :) We miss you!
Post a Comment