Friday, January 4, 2008

Ghetto Friends

Since towards the end of my senior year of high school at the mighty Mesa High, I have been blessed to consider myself good friends with Valerie Jones (soon-to-be-Gemmill), Anna Joy Woolf (now Botts), Alicia Kay Nelson (now King), and Stacy Marie Schnepf (now Guthrie). Somehow (I think it was as a result of a camp song gone wrong, the way of most camp songs when sung out of the context of girls camp) we came to refer to ourselves as "Ghetto Friends". I adore these girls. They are amazing. We had a Ghetto Friends reunion over Christmas break. It was our first time to all be together for at least three years. And it was fabulous. We enjoyed catching up, eating Mexican food, and, of course, taking absurd amounts of ridiculous pictures. I love my friends.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Ah, good old camp songs gone wrong! Man I love us!

Anna said...

I believe it originated from Stacy's re-telling of an awkward date that she went on. I remember her saying that the date ended with him waving good-bye and saying, "Well, it's been Ghetto!"

Anywho, I miss you guys so much...and I am looking forward to our next big reunion.

I love you ALLISON!

Anonymous said...

Um I know a kid from Mtn View whose last name is Guthrie. I wonder if your friend is related to a Sir Vaughn Guthrie IV?

Anonymous said...

and I (shannon) said that above