Well, it's been a while since I've posted. It has been over two months, as my older sister recently brought to my attention. Furthermore, I've only posted once during 2013. This isn't my first time to sit down and attempt to compose a new post. I guess I'm a little out of practice and don't know what to write. But, as it has been quite a while, I suppose it may be prudent to post an update on my life.
Perhaps I will just share the biggest news. Effective after this semester ends in a few weeks, I have decided to take a 12 month leave of absence (which I anticipate developing into a complete withdrawal) from my PhD program here in Georgia. And, I have decided, that come the end of the summer and my housing contract (let's be honest, what I really mean is after girls camp and youth conference), I plan to move to Arizona and seek employment there. I'm hoping to be able to work in my field, as a Marriage and Family Therapist, and I would also love to teach a few family science courses as well. I'll focus on seeking employment opportunities, and study for the licensure exam after I finish with finals papers here in the coming week. If anyone knows of anything, or can recommend some contacts in the Mesa area, please share!
I have enjoyed my time here in Georgia. I have learned that I don't have a great deal of passion for research at this stage in my life, and that statistics remains both aversive and challenging to me. I have also learned that I love the South and the people here. I will be sad to leave in a few months, but I am glad to still have those few months left! But, after much thought and prayer, I feel that moving to Arizona is a positive step forward for me personally and professionally.
So, e're long, I will be headed out West again. I'm excited to be closer to some family and old friends. And I am excited to see what adventures await me!
Perhaps I will just share the biggest news. Effective after this semester ends in a few weeks, I have decided to take a 12 month leave of absence (which I anticipate developing into a complete withdrawal) from my PhD program here in Georgia. And, I have decided, that come the end of the summer and my housing contract (let's be honest, what I really mean is after girls camp and youth conference), I plan to move to Arizona and seek employment there. I'm hoping to be able to work in my field, as a Marriage and Family Therapist, and I would also love to teach a few family science courses as well. I'll focus on seeking employment opportunities, and study for the licensure exam after I finish with finals papers here in the coming week. If anyone knows of anything, or can recommend some contacts in the Mesa area, please share!
I have enjoyed my time here in Georgia. I have learned that I don't have a great deal of passion for research at this stage in my life, and that statistics remains both aversive and challenging to me. I have also learned that I love the South and the people here. I will be sad to leave in a few months, but I am glad to still have those few months left! But, after much thought and prayer, I feel that moving to Arizona is a positive step forward for me personally and professionally.
So, e're long, I will be headed out West again. I'm excited to be closer to some family and old friends. And I am excited to see what adventures await me!
2 comments:
I think that sounds like a lovely idea. and i think you are lovely and rad. Miss your face!
I love everything about all of this.
Post a Comment