Following is my favorite paragraph from my thesis. It comes from my acknowledgements page.
And yes, I am a nerd.
Translation: To the coding lab: Prosocial ('thank you'), Warmth/Support (I love you), Endearment (you're great), Escalate Warmth (you have blessed my life), Positive Mood (It's been fun). Thank you for the Quality Time (mutually enjoyed time together), Group Enjoyment (fun times together), and Humor/Laugh (the times we have laughed together). Thank you for helping me to become more proficient at Assertiveness, Dominance, Communication, Listener Responsiveness and Effective Process (facilitating movement through a task), and for providing an escape from my Anxiety (my thesis) and allowing my occasional Externalized Negative (complaining) and Disruptive Process (being a distraction to getting things accomplished) without judging...well, sort of (since coding could be considered making judgments.)To the coding lab: PR, WM, ED, EW, PM. Thank you for the QT, GE, and HU. Thank you for helping me to become more proficient at AR, DO, CO, LR, EF, and for providing an escape from my AX and allowing my occasional EX and DS without judging…well, sort of.
And yes, I am a nerd.

5 comments:
WM and ED to you for being such a nerd.
(see, I could totally do your job, haha)
This is the coolest thing ever! I love that you left a copy for us in the lab.
I love you so much for this paragraph. Also, because now I can call complaining "externalizing negative" because it seems so normative. Also, I just said normative. Thanks to you for that as well.
hahaha. EF must be new since I was there?
LOL! I love this!
Post a Comment