Sunday, December 19, 2010

No, I'm not a high schooler...

On Friday night my parents took Rachel and I to the Verizon store to upgrade our 2+ years old phones. At one point, the sales associate asked if Rachel and I were high school students. Nope...I'm applying to PhD programs. I also got the vibe the he was judging us for not getting smartphones with internet and for not getting accessories. From that point on, I was somewhat prone to be passive aggressively bratty by citing to Rachel, in a slightly louder than usual voice, all the research I am familiar with regarding the negative effects of smart phone use/cell phones on such things as interpersonal relations, parenting and child behavioral problems. I hope he overhead it. Moral of the story...sometimes I'm bratty. And I use social science research as a weapon. Because I'm a nerd. Also, I'm awesome.

4 comments:

Mel said...

So how's the humility coming?

Lindsay said...

I totally know what you mean! When I was first pregnant with Caleb, the doctor looked at me weird when she saw I already had a daughter. She thought I was 17! Yeah, I was 25 at the time.

Scott and Emily said...

Hm. No link to research on poor interpersonal relationships??? :o)

Receli said...

so funny....