Friday, December 31, 2010

kiddie karma

So, there are two sister missionaries living in my basement. And I, being the charming and mature individual that I am, have taken great delight in taunting them with my nephew and nieces' cuteness. "Look at this cute and cuddly baby. Don't you just wish you could hold him? Oh wait...you can't...bwahaha." Most days I would draw attention to the kiddos, and then would allude to the mission rule that bans missionaries holding young children.

And then...karma. Last night, I started to sneeze on occasion. I assumed it was the hay or the citrus from outside. But alas, no. The symptoms increased in both intensity and quantity. I seem to have been affected by a cold. Drat. And, being the not-entirely-cruel lass that I am, I didn't want to make my nephew or nieces ill. So I've been keeping my distance and haven't gotten to hold them. And they are still cute and cuddly. And tonight/tomorrow will be the last time I see them. And I can't touch them. Dang karma. Next times, I won't taunt missionaries.

Also, happy Voldemort's birthday.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday to you!

And it serves you right for taunting those poor missionaries. That's torturous.

But I'm sorry you're sick.