Monday, August 11, 2008

You will soon achieve perfection


So the other day I cracked open a fortune cookie and read that I will soon achieve perfection. Needless to say, I now own another box of that brand of fortune cookies. It is not uncommon to open a fortune cookie and to read some pithy saying or pearl of wisdom, but one that is completely void of any premonition of what is coming in the future. So, even though I do not anticipate achieving perfection anytime soon,or inheriting a small sum of money or tract of land as promised on another white slip, I appreciate a fortune cookie that does project some sort of futuristic prophesy.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Please let me know what brand of fortune cookie this is! I am always furious when the "fortune" is something that would be better suited for a cross-stitch than an actual prediction of the future.