Thursday, July 31, 2008
It's been awhile...
So I keep thinking that I need free time and/or something interesting to write about in order to update this here blog. I have neither. I should either be at work or out shopping for a bridal shower present or paying bills or making a few calls or something like that. Oh well. So today at work #1, referring to my job at a residential treatment center, I sat in on the 'recovery group' meeting. It started with going around the room and each person saying "Hi. My name is _______ and I'm addicted to _____. And I've been clean for ________..." I was the fourth person in the circle, which wasn't all that circular. The therapist asked, does staff participate. Response from the girls: affirmative. Uh...Hi...My name is Allison. And I'm addicted to...my mind goes blank. What do I say? What can I say? What should I say? I was so flustered not sure of what I was addicted to. I wasn't prepared for the question. I ended up answering that I was addicted to working too much. Which is true. Wow. It felt good to get that off my chest. So yeah, I've been working a lot lately. And that's why I haven't been updating my blog. Sorry! But at least I'm able to admit it. And at least I was able to sculpt a symbol out of play dough to represent my looming recovery. I love my jobs. Well, I better head off to job number two and watch videos and judge people. Later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe you should've said, "I'm addicted to procrastination." Oh well, you can say that next time. ;)
I'm so jealous you get to judge people for a living. What a life!
Post a Comment