Thursday, July 3, 2008

I quit

So...I've been busy and stressed, and technically still am. So today, I did something for myself. I quit one of my three jobs. It was hardly a job anyway, I only worked a few days a month, but somehow, it has come to represent all the extra things that I deem expendable that I need to rid myself of. So now, I only have two jobs. Yay. It was so hard to quit though. It is so important to be to keep commitments and feel like I am helping people and meeting needs. And now I feel that I have broken a commitment and created a greater need. Anyway, life goes on. I'm keeping busy and out of trouble and life is good. I'm excited for this weekend with friends, and the week that follows it when I get to relax and enjoy time with my family at my beloved cabin in Pinedale, AZ. Life is good. Well, I'd better get back to work, then Enrichment, then more work, and then sleep so that I can get up early and go to work tomorrow. No rest for the wicked.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

It sounds like you did the right thing, quitting that 3rd job. Sounds like you're still plenty busy but trying to keep your priorities straight--way to be! Keep up the good work!

Nina Miles said...

Hey Allison! How are you?! Sounds like you have been very very busy lately. You coming to Jennie's wedding reception on the 19th? I'll be there(i'm a bridesmaid haha) and it would be great to see you again!

Scott and Emily said...

Woot woot! Yea for the cabin!

Love ya,
Em