So...I started a new blog. It's sort of a professional development project. I feel like I'm planting seeds in hopes that in a few years it can be a good referral source and brand legitimizer for me. With this new blog I'm trying to be somewhat professional in my subject matter (the most recent post is on antidepressant treatment options), but I'm also trying to have an authentic voice and be true to me (hence the parable about gopher holes and a post about How to Train Your Dragon). The blog is called Waxing Strong, which was inspired, in part, by Helaman 3:35. And in my first post I explain what waxing strong means to me and how it relates to my goals for the blog and my work as a therapist.
Moral of the story: I'd love to have you check it out and give me some feedback if anything stands out to you. What do you think of the design? Does my writing flow well? Do you have any recommendations on topics? Was a too casual or too formal? I'm open to feedback if you want to share it and have time to. Oh, and if you like my blog, I would love to have you follow it and comment on posts or share posts you think are worth sharing if ever you feel so inclined. Hopefully someday in the future (I'm thinking by the time I want to go into private practice in 3-5 years) that this blog will be something that will show up when people google search for therapists in the area, and it will have content that causes them to have confidence in me.
I'll occasionally still write on this blog too. I won't get religious on the new blog, and there will be times that I will want to share my scripture and gospel insights. I'll probably write some of those thoughts here. And there will be times where I will want to share good news with family and friends. Oh, by the way...I received my associate license in the mail on Friday! I've been taking advantage of an semi-justifiable opportunity to put "LAMFT" after my name. It's been fun. Also, I've been offered a position teaching an online course with BYU-I next semester. I still need to fill out some paperwork, but I'm pretty sure that is going to happen. I'm excited! Yay part-time job! So...there's my good news. On this blog. So there you go.
Well, here is the new website: http://waxingstrong.wordpress.com/. I'll probably update it once or twice a week. Either Mondays and Thursdays, just Mondays. YTBD. Enjoy!
Love,
Allison Ellsworth, LAMFT
Moral of the story: I'd love to have you check it out and give me some feedback if anything stands out to you. What do you think of the design? Does my writing flow well? Do you have any recommendations on topics? Was a too casual or too formal? I'm open to feedback if you want to share it and have time to. Oh, and if you like my blog, I would love to have you follow it and comment on posts or share posts you think are worth sharing if ever you feel so inclined. Hopefully someday in the future (I'm thinking by the time I want to go into private practice in 3-5 years) that this blog will be something that will show up when people google search for therapists in the area, and it will have content that causes them to have confidence in me.
I'll occasionally still write on this blog too. I won't get religious on the new blog, and there will be times that I will want to share my scripture and gospel insights. I'll probably write some of those thoughts here. And there will be times where I will want to share good news with family and friends. Oh, by the way...I received my associate license in the mail on Friday! I've been taking advantage of an semi-justifiable opportunity to put "LAMFT" after my name. It's been fun. Also, I've been offered a position teaching an online course with BYU-I next semester. I still need to fill out some paperwork, but I'm pretty sure that is going to happen. I'm excited! Yay part-time job! So...there's my good news. On this blog. So there you go.
Well, here is the new website: http://waxingstrong.wordpress.com/. I'll probably update it once or twice a week. Either Mondays and Thursdays, just Mondays. YTBD. Enjoy!
Love,
Allison Ellsworth, LAMFT
3 comments:
Woohoo! Congrats! :)
fancy!
Love it! Here's an idea, take it for what it's worth. You could have a tbthursday and post a few of the articles from your old blog or the byu women's resources blog. Those were some great jewels. Anyway, you're rad!
Post a Comment