This is my last week seeing clients at the clinic here. I just had a final session with a couple I've been working with for quite some time. They have grown so much! And I have felt honored to have access to the sacred space that the therapy room has become as they have bravely worked to grow together as a couple. They gave me a thank you note. It further reminded me of why I do what I do, and why I'm choosing clinical work over academia. For my own selfish desire to retain the words, I'm going to record the words from the thank you note:
Dear Allison, We could never thank you enough for helping us get to a wonderful place in our relationship where we feel more connected than ever. We both attribute that to the work we did in counseling. But I truly believe that journey would have been very different without you. You have blessed us, and we are so thankful for your encouragement, listening, and kindness. Best wishes to you! Thanks for everything! Love, (client names)
No comments:
Post a Comment