So I just remembered another good thing I'm involved in that makes my life unbalanced, but that I'm not willing to give up because it's so great. I'm helping volunteer a little here and there for a symposium being put on by students. Right now is their fundraiser. I hate asking people for money, so if you feel uncomfortable reading this, I totally understand. And don't feel like you have to donate for my sake. No guilt, no need to account to me about if you did or didn't. But if it looks like a cause that you want to support, and if you have the desire and means to do so, I invite you to donate, even if it is just a dollar or two. Here's some info:The group is called Students for the Family (www.studentsforthefamily.org) and the symposium is all about strengthening the family in our homes and communities. The name and theme of this year's symposium is Strengthening the Family: Engaging Issues with Courage. I volunteered at and attended the symposium last year and it was amazing.
In order to fund the symposium, we're trying to raise $8,000 in the next 10 days by talking to everyone we know and getting them to chip in just a few bucks. If you could go to www.tippingbucket.org and chip in a few bucks (or even $1 if that’s all you can give), that would be amazing and greatly appreciated. All donations are currently being matched 5 to 1, so if you donate $5, that becomes $30 for the symposium, if you donate $1, that becomes $6, etc. Also, if you wanted to pass the word along to others who might be interested in supporting the cause, that would be awesome.
Again, if you can't/don't want to/don't feel comfortable, don't feel badly about it. And if you can and want to, it's a great cause.
Okay, that is all. Have a great weekend.
Allison
No comments:
Post a Comment