Saturday, April 2, 2011
"Filled with nerdy excitement"
I started a question with the preface "as a nerdy academic wannabe..." I admitted to having a picture of the circle diagram mapping out the relationship between coding scales as my computer screensaver. Dr. Jan Melby of Iowa State University, and primary author of the coding manual I've been coding from for the past three years, visited BYU and presented several trainings over the past few days. I attended as much as I could, and mourned missing parts of her presentations because I needed to teach and guest lecture. On Friday, after the final two hour training meeting for the coders, as we were to part for the last time, I asked a question. I prefaced this one with "I have a nerdy request..." And then I asked her to autograph my coding manual. And she did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I guess that makes me a nerd too, since I feel complete wistflness wishing I was there. And also, my keyboard is broken so that is why I cannot spell wistf*l correctly. I don't have access to the letter that rhymes with "yoo."
amazing!
Just like the time we all had Janna autograph our copies of the New Era.
Post a Comment