-I'm officially graduated and I have documentation thereof. I recieved my BYU diploma in the mail on Tuesday. It took me a day or two to get around to opening it. But its good and all spelled write. Not like in high school where they misspelled "scholastic" on the diploma one year.
-On Wednesday I took my spaghetti lunch to work, but failed to pack a fork. To solve the dilemma, I concocted a fork out of paper clips during a work meeting. The venture proved successful. The fork came in handy later that evening as well while I was at the apartment of some friends from the ward. They were serving strawberries and homemade whipped cream but were short on forks. "Oh, hey, don't worry about me, I brought my own." Yeah, I'm cool.
-Thursday was a good mail day. I got home early from work (aka around 7pm) because roommate bonding was scheduled for that evening. I arrived home in time to find a few wonderful things: a house full of cool people, delicious soup and fruit that Abby made for her dinner group and shared, and two pieces of mail. I recieved a letter from my grandma, written on the back of a program for my cousin Julie's baptism, and I recieved a letter from my friend Jacci, who is currently in the MTC preparing to head off to Georgia. I love getting mail. I think I'm going to start sending out at least a letter a week to assorted people. I bought stamps today.
-Last night my house had a roommate bonding outing. Five of the six of us were in attendance. We have yet to have all six of us in the house at the same time. That is not likely to be achieved until June 17th at the earliest. But it was good to spend time with the roommates, and to have a little time with Krystin and Abby before they took off on their three-week Italy adventure.
-So, early this morning (12:34am) I booked a flight to Lethbridge and found a ride back to Provo. So from June 27th to July 1st or 2nd, I'll be living the life of an international traveller up north in Canada. I'm excited to visit Valerie, Charles and James. And I'm kinda thrilled to know that on Canada Day I'll wake up in Canada.
-I got a phone call from one of my favorite mission companions earlier today. I hadn't talked to Krysten since the last reunion so it was good to hear her voice. We made plans to go out to lunch together tomorrow and I'm excited to see her and catch up.
-By the end of tomorrow hopefully I will have worked close to 50 hours. I can work up to 80 in a pay period (two weeks) and since I can't work on Monday since it is a holiday and the building is locked, I'm trying to get ahead. I love my job.
1 comment:
Amazing week! That fork sounds most brilliant! I miss you.
Post a Comment