The other day I got home from work, ate dinner and just stood around looking lost. I realized that I didn't have anything that I had to be doing or to get done right away. There was plenty that I could be doing, but I wasn't swimming in to-do lists of upcoming and overdue assignments and responsibilities. It was a new and unfamiliar sensation. It was at that moment that I realized how busy life had been prior to graduation. And I got kinda excited about my newfound freedom relative to the use of my time.
Since graduation I have gone to Arizona, the cabin and Moab. And summer has just begun. I have loads of ideas of places to go and things to do. I'm definitely going to Portland in July, and I'm hoping I can pull off a trip to Canada in June and another to New York in August. Those last two are still in the dream phase though. And beyond that, I'm excited to just have a healthier lifestyle. I've been going to bed earlier, getting up earlier, eating healthier, taking a dance class, going on walks, appreciating the arts, reading several books, and I am trying more diligently to "never suppress a generous thought" in relation to rendering service to others. And I love it. I'm so excited for these summer months.
2 comments:
Thanks for not supressing the generous thought to make muffins and figgy treats for me last week! I agree that some extra time can feel like HEAVEN.
new york! i hope i hope.
Post a Comment