Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mexico Memories


This is a list of many of the tender memories from the family reunion in Mexico in August of 2007. I realize that most of this will mean nothing to anyone except for myself, my sisters and some of my cousins, but I'm okay with that. It's all about preserving the memories.

Eric's bone in the cemetery
Green Jolly Rancher Juice
Demin...what the heck do you call that piece of heaven that goes from ankle to collar and has a belt and fit me like a glove?
Feliz Navidadin' it up
Spandex...need we say more?
Jess's dance party with herself
Getting called a gang by Uncle Carlito for synchronized leg crossing
Jess being punished for being the gang leader by having to say the prayer
The MexMix
Singing in the car with the Norster
Latino LOVIN', baby!
Crapple Juice
The Museum of Bodily Fluids of Incredibly Awesome People
"What if"
Mexican food
Photo shoot with Grandpa
Grandpa's Ghettolicious Mexican Gang formed
Juesos
Spanish lesson by Allison..."Don't say 'tu madre' to a native"
Dancing to the live Mexican band...of two old men with a synchronizer
Mary Katherine walking into the bathroom of midget stall walls
Rebecca's unbridled passions unleashed on an unsuspecting Jess (mwwwaaa)
Dancing in the congo line
Interpretive bandana dancing
The temple
Washing my feet in the fountain...and having my Mom encourage it!
Pinata
Geneology meeting
"N-A-T-to the-H-A-N, it's Nathan, it's Nathan!"
Wearing red shoes
Getting banned from returning to Mexico...seriously
Wow! I had so many good times in Mexico! I love my family! I am grateful for my Nielsen ancestors. They were among the colonizers of Colonia Juarez in Chihuahua, Mexico. Some of my relatives still live there today. It is a beautiful place with wonderful people. I'm so grateful for my ancestors and my heritage. I'm good stock and grateful for it. I hope that I can live as well as those who went before me. As I write that I look at the picture posted to the right and I think to myself, "I have got a long way to go." I'm a work in progress. It's a good life.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

"The Museum of Bodily Fluids of Incredibly Awesome People"...where can I buy tickets for this?