For some reason, the past several months have been filled with unanticipated delays and rejections relative to my search for employment. Until now. Sort of. An opportunity has developed that I didn't initially plan for, and I certainly didn't expect to work out. And which certainly isn't the entire solution to my current un/underemployment situation. But, in retrospect, it makes me grateful that other things didn't work out earlier, because if I had been working, I probably would not have been able to complete the S&I Preserve Institute class that made this a possibility.
So the opportunity. I just completed the new hire paper work associated with being a student teacher for seminary! Which, as I understand it (and I really don't understand much yet), means that I will get further training and get to teach a released-time seminary class next semester. I get to teach the scriptures to teenagers! And I get paid for it! Seriously?! This combines almost all of my passions: The gospel, the scriptures, teaching, teenagers, and the change process (aka the Atonement). I am so excited and so grateful.
So the opportunity. I just completed the new hire paper work associated with being a student teacher for seminary! Which, as I understand it (and I really don't understand much yet), means that I will get further training and get to teach a released-time seminary class next semester. I get to teach the scriptures to teenagers! And I get paid for it! Seriously?! This combines almost all of my passions: The gospel, the scriptures, teaching, teenagers, and the change process (aka the Atonement). I am so excited and so grateful.
5 comments:
Awesome. Congratulations!
This is great!! I hope it all works out for you -- you deserve it! Congratulations!
This, I like. A lot. You will rock at this. Rock their socks off!
That is awesome! That would be such a fun experience! And you'll be great at it!
Yes, your love and insight of the scriptures will be a blessing to those you teach! Heck, I wanna take seminary from you!
Post a Comment